Eligible applicant should:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- Be of good character.
- Not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years for Medical Specialists, 35 years for Medical/Dental Officers, 33 years for Nurses and 30 years for Paramedical personnel by 10 January 2019, or as otherwise specified.
- Be medically fit by Ghana Armed Forces Standard.
- Be not bonded.
- Be of minimum height of 1.68m (5` 6“) for males and 1.57m (5` 2“) for females.
- Must have the following:
(1) BECE. Must have six (6) Passes at BECE including English and Mathematics.
(2) Six credits. (Not less than C6) including Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science at WASSCE.
(3) Six credits. (Not less than D) including Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science at SSSCE.
(4) Five credits. (Not less than 6) including English, Mathematics and Science at GCE ‘O’ Level and not less than D in three subjects at GCE ‘A’ Level.